The second 'Quantum Universe' (QU2) symposium will take place on Wednesday April 4 and Thursday April 5 2012, i.e. the week before Easter, at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
The event is part of the new track The Quantum Universe of the Physics and Astronomy Master programmes, a collaboration between the Centre for Theoretical Physics (CTN), the Kapteyn Astronomical Institute and the Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut (KVI). The aim of the symposium is to present new developments, both theoretical and experimental, in (astro-)particle physics and astronomy and to stimulate interactions between the different institutes.
Invited speakers are
- Volker Springel (HITS, Heidelberg)
- Ofer Lahav (UCL, London, TBC)
- John Ellis (King's College, London)
- Francis Halzen (Univ. Wisconsin-Madison, Madison)
- Sera Markoff (Anton Pannekoek Inst., UVA, Amsterdam)
- Daniel Baumann (DAMTP, Cambridge)
- Kyriakos Papadodimas (CERN, Geneva)
- Walter del Pozzo (Nikhef)
- Gert Vegter (JBI, RUG, Groningen)
The program will further contain a number of 20 minute contributed talks.