The third 'Quantum Universe' (QU3) symposium will take place on
Wednesday March 27 and Thursday March 28 2013, i.e. the week
before Easter, at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
The event is part of the new track The Quantum Universe of the
Physics and Astronomy Master programmes, a collaboration
between the Centre for Theoretical Physics (CTN), the Kapteyn
Astronomical Institute, the Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut (KVI)
and the Johann Bernoulli Institute (JBI). The aim of the symposium
is to present new developments, both theoretical and
experimental, in (astro-)particle physics and astronomy and to
stimulate interactions between the different institutes.
Invited speakers are
- Dick Bond (CITA, University of Toronto)
- Alex Szalay (Johns Hopkins University)
- Piet Mulders (VU University of Amsterdam)
- Nicolo de Groot (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Heino Falcke (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Herbert Edelsbrunner (IST Austria)
- Laura Covi (University of Göttingen, Germany)
- David Wands (University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom)
- Belen Gavela (Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain)
The program will further contain a number of contributed
Registration is closed.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 10:00 - Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 17:00